Some home shoppers say they are willing to spend thousands of dollars above the price of the home in order to have certain interior features.
The most coveted home features tend to center around the kitchen, such as stainless steel appliances and a kitchen island, says Errol Samuelson, president of realtor.com.
24/7 Wall St. used data from the National Association of REALTORS® to determine some of the most desired home features. Here are eight features that made the list and how much extra, on average, buyers say they’re willing to pay for having that feature in a home:
- Central air conditioning: $2,520
- New kitchen appliances: $1,840
- Walk-in closet in master bedroom: $1,350
- Granite countertops: $1,620
- Hardwood floors: $2,080
- Ensuite master bath: $2,030
- Kitchen island: $1,370
- Stainless steel appliances: $1,850